Hello. I consider myself to be an accidental runner. I enjoy the smug feeling at the end of a run, and I love the social element, but I’m definitely more hobbit than hare and not ever going to sprint ahead of the field in a frenzy of unrestrained joyful speed. I struggle to motivate myself to get started, let alone keep going, and yet I find in my fifties, running is accessible, cheap and often unexpectedly hilarious. Keeping this blog is my attempt to keep myself accountable to me, to get me out and about and who knows, maybe become an evangelist for that underclass of runners, of which I am proud to be one, who aim simply to learn to enjoy doing it badly. Medals welcome, but optional, PBs unlikely. Join me for a virtual run out if you wish!
10km accelerate body image Bushy Park bushy park parkrun bushy parkrun Cambodia Christmas confidence cross training Dig Deep 30 Dig Deep Series Dirty Double Ecclesall Woods fancy dress fell race fifty something fitness class Graves junior parkrun Graves Park Graves parkrun London Marathon longshaw marathon training motivation National Trust navigation parkrun parkrun tourism percy pud Round Sheffield Run running running clubs sheffield half marathon sheffield hallam parkrun Sheffield running Smiletastic Smiley Paces snow strava tententen top tips trail running Trust10 volunteering volunteer marshal at parkrun walking Woodland Centre Ecclesall Woods woodland run Yorkshire half marathon
- parkrun perfection at Victoria Dock parkrun, a victorious parkrun debut, a V nabbed and everyone’s flying high!
- Northallerton parkrun? Who wouldn’t fancy (dress) that!
- ♫ (Go West) where the skies are blue? ♫ Beverley or bust. Beverley Westwood parkrun where there be coos!
- An out of this world parkrun, Alvaston parkrun welcomes wandering earthlings
- Delectably Dishy Dishley, Dishley parkrun Loughborough parkrun tourists r us!
- Finally to Fountains Abbey parkrun, pretty pleasing as a rule :) in fact – FAbbey!
- Giving Sheffield the Runaround: Round Sheffield Run 2019
- Wait – there’s a hill? small park BIG RUN also penguins for Palestine, no really :) *
- Another place for parkrun tourism? Fun and frolics at Crosby parkrun
- Hathersage Hurtle take two – show us your grit they said …
- That’s parkrun to a ‘T’! – Totally Terrific Touristing, Tearing round Temple Newsam parkrun
- Wahey for Welcoming Wakefield Thornes parkrun. May the fourth be with you indeed!
- Oooh, Oh-stonishing Osterley parkrun
- Phew what a scorcher! Pounding the Pennine paths at Penistone parkrun.
- Discovering the Dizzying delights of Disley – Lyme park parkrun
- Rocking the context appropriate look. Snow plogging microadventures r us.
- Out of the mist, came forth sun… and runners, lots and lots of runners. Loving Longshaw Trust10 in the spring sunshine.
- Stonking Storthes Hall parkrun – a woodland wonderland
- Battling the Bluster round Bakewell, milestones aplenty at Bakewell parkrun
- Brooking at Bushy parkrun and seeing what comes out in the wash…
- Feeling the parkrun love – back to Bushy parkrun to join the TpoT troupe. #parkrunfriendsarethebest
- My I’ve been wanting to get that off my chest – the quest for a perfect sports bra
- Fabulous Frolics at Frickley Country parkrun
- Smiley Paces, It’s Terrific Turning Ten as part of this epic running gang!
- Conquering Conkers parkrun and sailing the cees in an ongoing quest to save penguins
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015