Hello. I consider myself to be an accidental runner. I enjoy the smug feeling at the end of a run, and I love the social element, but I’m definitely more hobbit than hare and not ever going to sprint ahead of the field in a frenzy of unrestrained joyful speed. I struggle to motivate myself to get started, let alone keep going, and yet I find in my fifties, running is accessible, cheap and often unexpectedly hilarious. Keeping this blog is my attempt to keep myself accountable to me, to get me out and about and who knows, maybe become an evangelist for that underclass of runners, of which I am proud to be one, who aim simply to learn to enjoy doing it badly. Medals welcome, but optional, PBs unlikely. Join me for a virtual run out if you wish!
10km accelerate body image Bushy Park bushy park parkrun bushy parkrun Cambodia confidence cross training Dig Deep Series Dirty Double Dirty Double Lakes 2015 Ecclesall Woods fancy dress fell race fifty something fitness class Graves Park Graves parkrun London Marathon longshaw marathon training Monday mob motivation National Trust parkrun parkrun tourism percy pud Round Sheffield Run running running clubs Rustling Runners sheffield half marathon sheffield hallam parkrun Sheffield running Smiletastic Smiley Paces strava strava art tapering tententen top tips trail running Trunce Trust10 volunteering wingerworth wobblers Woodland Centre Ecclesall Woods woodland run Yorkshire half marathon
- Final Recce for Dig Deep 12.12.. Job done with Higger mystery solved – but beware the bogs, you have been warned!
- Tackling the taper… Not quite textbook tactics, but you know what? I’ll be reet! :)
- Lessons learnt? Upping the distance on the quest to Dig Deep and getting lucky on the trails
- Longshaw Revisited: Resolute Romping Round the Rear
- Refugees Romping Rotherham: parkrun tourists take on Clifton Park
- Digging Deep all over again. The way ahead? Route Recce Round two.
- parkrun tourism: loping in Leamington
- Lost in running? Dig Deep Recce freestyle.
- Geronimo’s Grand Day Out – VitalityMove event Chatsworth 10k 2017
- Anyone for parkrun? Happy Birthday to us – Sheffield Hallam parkrun, now we are seven!
- Geronimo! Sky’s the limit at the Round Sheffield Run 2017
- ‘Tis ‘Round Sheffield Run Eve’ – Roger that!
- On the subject of superheroes…
- The glamour of Grindleford, getting stylish on the trails…
- A call to capes. Let’s out our hidden parkrun superheroes. Just saying.
- Silverdale Stampede – reimagining the school run
- Terrific Run, Unexpectedly Nice Considering Everything. Trunce #3. Yay!
- Cease your slumber – get to Clumber! Clumber park parkrun tourists up and at it!
- There were tadpoles! Parkrun tourists take to the hills at Sheffield Castle parkrun
- London Marathon 2017: recovery, aftermath and debrief
- It’s not called a marathon for nothing! Supporting Shelter runners at the London Marathon 2017
- Southwark parkrun mainlining mood-setting magic and kicking off marathon mania. Yay!
- It’s not a parkrun apparently. Lessons from the Virgin London Marathon expo 2017
- Giving parkrun the thumbs up!
- Token women! Hallam Heroines…*