Hello. I consider myself to be an accidental runner. I enjoy the smug feeling at the end of a run, and I love the social element, but I’m definitely more hobbit than hare and not ever going to sprint ahead of the field in a frenzy of unrestrained joyful speed. I struggle to motivate myself to get started, let alone keep going, and yet I find in my fifties, running is accessible, cheap and often unexpectedly hilarious. Keeping this blog is my attempt to keep myself accountable to me, to get me out and about and who knows, maybe become an evangelist for that underclass of runners, of which I am proud to be one, who aim simply to learn to enjoy doing it badly. Medals welcome, but optional, PBs unlikely. Join me for a virtual run out if you wish!
10km accelerate body image Bushy Park bushy park parkrun bushy parkrun Cambodia Christmas confidence cross training Dig Deep Series Dirty Double Ecclesall Woods fancy dress fell race fifty something fitness class Graves junior parkrun Graves Park Graves parkrun Lakeland Trails Lakes Dirty Double London Marathon longshaw marathon training motivation National Trust parkrun parkrun tourism percy pud Round Sheffield Run running running clubs Rustling Runners sheffield half marathon sheffield hallam parkrun Sheffield running Smiletastic Smiley Paces strava tententen top tips trail running Trust10 volunteering volunteer marshal at parkrun wingerworth wobblers Woodland Centre Ecclesall Woods woodland run Yorkshire half marathon
- Blowing hot and cold about running? Beware both ice and fire on the Sheffield trails.
- Marathon Madness? Taking on the long and lonely trails. Reet nice out though. :)
- For the love of running in celebration of Valentine’s Day?
- Healing Botanicals – communal golden segment bagging by team dragonfly for Smiletastic 2018
- Snow fun or it’s no fun? You decide. Nine after nine Dragonflies as the Smiletastic contest continues in the snow.
- My claim to fame. How I link to Bushy parkrun’s iconic ‘Elisabeth’s Corner*’.
- Realising the Riches of Richmond Park with a Recreational Recovery Run
- Smilies hanging out at Bushy parkrun, the epicentre of the parkrun phenomenon. Running with the stars!
- Getting on track – in the footsteps of Olympians. Smiley Paces on tour to Twickenham
- The misterious pleasures of running round Longshaw…
- Running for gold! Smiletastic 2018 has begun.
- It’s a new dawn, it’s a new day, it’s a new parkrun double for me… and I’m feeling good! (ish)*
- It’s Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistmas…! Concord parkrun Christmas Day spectacular 2017. Delivering Christmas cheer since 2012
- Who says parkrun’s a turkey? Sheffield Hallam parkrun pre-christmas dash, in all it’s glory.
- Sharing parkrun niceyness despite the icyness… Sheffield Hallam parkrun
- It’s beginning to feel a lot like Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiistmasss. Percy Pud 2017.
- Cross country round two: an acquired taste? Taking on Penistone XC in the fine and fabulous company of TNTers
- Graves Junior parkrun’s first Birthday Bash – setting the standard for pop up parkrun partying
- Making my explosive Cross Country debut with TNT. XCSYCAA Go me. :)
- Sheffield Way Relay – Recce Leg 1, the sculpture trail
- Lakeland Trails, missed the boat, but grand day out all the same. Ullswater Emergency 10k 2017
- Well that was one hellofarun up Helvellyn! Lakeland Trails Dirty Double Helvellyn 10k 2017
- And so it began … venturing into the unknown departing to join the Dirty Double
- The power of ten – TenTenTen 2017
- International parkrun day – teenage kicks at Sheffield Hallam parkrun October 2017
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015