Hello. I consider myself to be an accidental runner. I enjoy the smug feeling at the end of a run, and I love the social element, but I’m definitely more hobbit than hare and not ever going to sprint ahead of the field in a frenzy of unrestrained joyful speed. I struggle to motivate myself to get started, let alone keep going, and yet I find in my fifties, running is accessible, cheap and often unexpectedly hilarious. Keeping this blog is my attempt to keep myself accountable to me, to get me out and about and who knows, maybe become an evangelist for that underclass of runners, of which I am proud to be one, who aim simply to learn to enjoy doing it badly. Medals welcome, but optional, PBs unlikely. Join me for a virtual run out if you wish!
accelerate body image Bushy Park bushy park parkrun bushy parkrun Cambodia Christmas confidence cross training Dig Deep Series Dirty Double Ecclesall Woods fancy dress fell race fifty something fitness class Graves junior parkrun Graves Park Graves parkrun Lakeland Trails London Marathon longshaw marathon training motivation National Trust parkrun parkrun tourism percy pud Round Sheffield Run running running clubs Rustling Runners sheffield half marathon sheffield hallam parkrun Sheffield running Smiletastic Smiley Paces snow strava strava art tententen top tips trail running Trust10 volunteering volunteer marshal at parkrun wingerworth wobblers Woodland Centre Ecclesall Woods woodland run Yorkshire half marathon
- small park BIG RUN 2018, an exercise in hope, or maybe exercise and hope…
- On Mam for Mom Mom purposes. Mend Our Mountains, Make One Million, seeing the light.
- Hathersage Turtle or Hathersage Hurt? Run it, walk it, love it! Hurtling through the peaks.
- Now what? Hurtling on past the post marathon blues.
- Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. London Marathon 2018 done and dusted. #SpiritOfLondon
- What was I thinking? The road to London marathon 2018. Expo and the challenge hots up….
- London Marathon 2018 – the final countdown.
- Go Geronimo go! Rocking our sixties chic for Graves parkrun’s Sixth birthday bash. Don’t they grow up fast?
- Having a giraffe at the Sheffield half 2018
- Because binners are winners! Plogging the Sheffield half-marathon route
- Maranoia mended? Running fun rediscovered, but it took a while to come into view…
- On a quest to catch pearls of running wisdom … mingling with the stars and the onset of maranoia.
- In it for the long run? The parallel worlds you encounter whilst running.
- Panic over, long run done and dusted! All good, not just movement, but, at last, progress!
- Best laid plans… long run thwarted but feeling the running lurve, besides, tomorrow is another day and we runners, well we can do anything!
- Spring Equinox Dragonfly Challenge – the art of the Strava flyby.
- Smiley Champs with Smiley Champions – Running wobbles conquered (ish) with a little help from my Smiley friends…
- Running London …. ish. Work in progress a horrible long run in marathon training. I so haven’t got this! Aaargh.
- Seems I’m not as nesh as I thought – Sheffield Hallam parkrun in the snow.
- Well stone me! Unexpected treasures on the Round Sheffield Walk. Rock on runners, eyes peeled and best foot forward.
- Taking running underground – tunnel vision on the Monsal Trail
- There’s snow runners like Graves junior parkrunners!
- Getting cross training at puregym
- Easy as ABC… implementing up and at it on the run in Attercliffe
- Blowing hot and cold about running? Beware both ice and fire on the Sheffield trails.
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015