Hello. I consider myself to be an accidental runner. I enjoy the smug feeling at the end of a run, and I love the social element, but I’m definitely more hobbit than hare and not ever going to sprint ahead of the field in a frenzy of unrestrained joyful speed. I struggle to motivate myself to get started, let alone keep going, and yet I find in my fifties, running is accessible, cheap and often unexpectedly hilarious. Keeping this blog is my attempt to keep myself accountable to me, to get me out and about and who knows, maybe become an evangelist for that underclass of runners, of which I am proud to be one, who aim simply to learn to enjoy doing it badly. Medals welcome, but optional, PBs unlikely. Join me for a virtual run out if you wish!
10km accelerate body image Bushy Park bushy park parkrun bushy parkrun Cambodia confidence cross training Dig Deep Series Dirty Double Dirty Double Lakes 2015 Ecclesall Woods fancy dress fell race fifty something fitness class Graves junior parkrun Graves Park Graves parkrun Lakeland Trails Lakes Dirty Double London Marathon longshaw marathon training Monday mob motivation National Trust parkrun parkrun tourism percy pud Round Sheffield Run running running clubs Rustling Runners sheffield half marathon sheffield hallam parkrun Sheffield running Smiletastic Smiley Paces strava tententen top tips trail running Trust10 volunteering wingerworth wobblers Woodland Centre Ecclesall Woods woodland run Yorkshire half marathon
- Graves Junior parkrun’s first Birthday Bash – setting the standard for pop up parkrun partying
- Making my explosive Cross Country debut with TNT. XCSYCAA Go me. :)
- Sheffield Way Relay – Recce Leg 1, the sculpture trail
- Lakeland Trails, missed the boat, but grand day out all the same. Ullswater Emergency 10k 2017
- Well that was one hellofarun up Helvellyn! Lakeland Trails Dirty Double Helvellyn 10k 2017
- And so it began … venturing into the unknown departing to join the Dirty Double
- The power of ten – TenTenTen 2017
- International parkrun day – teenage kicks at Sheffield Hallam parkrun October 2017
- Oh what a beautiful morning! Dark and White Autumn Series 2017 event 1. Carsington Water.
- New beginnings, in search of my running mojo and running in the dark
- Running, not singing in the rain. Back to base at Sheffield Hallam parkrun. Definitely autumn now…
- Back to Bushy parkrun, stag do and all. Plus, I officially have the X factor. Good to know.
- Dig Deep Done. High jinks in the heather at the 12.12
- Maxing out with fun of olympic proportions at Sheffield Hallam parkrun August 2017
- Final Recce for Dig Deep 12.12.. Job done with Higger mystery solved – but beware the bogs, you have been warned!
- Tackling the taper… Not quite textbook tactics, but you know what? I’ll be reet! :)
- Lessons learnt? Upping the distance on the quest to Dig Deep and getting lucky on the trails
- Longshaw Revisited: Resolute Romping Round the Rear
- Refugees Romping Rotherham: parkrun tourists take on Clifton Park
- Digging Deep all over again. The way ahead? Route Recce Round two.
- parkrun tourism: loping in Leamington
- Lost in running? Dig Deep Recce freestyle.
- Geronimo’s Grand Day Out – VitalityMove event Chatsworth 10k 2017
- Anyone for parkrun? Happy Birthday to us – Sheffield Hallam parkrun, now we are seven!
- Geronimo! Sky’s the limit at the Round Sheffield Run 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015